If your garden has been anything like mine then you must be overwhelmed with cucumbers by now. Nary a day has gone by where I haven’t harvested a new cuc this growing season. If you haven’t had the pleasure of growing your own cucumbers then give it a try next year. Cucumbers are one of the easiest & most rewarding vegetables to grow. Here is one of our favorite ways to prepare cucumbers.
2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
3 T Sugar
1 t Salt
Dash of Pepper
- Cut cucumbers into thick slices.
- Make the brine by combining apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix cucumbers slices into the brine and marinate for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- To make this a seedless recipe: cut off cucumber ends, slice into halves, peel off the skin, slice into thirds, cut off seeds.
- Make sure to wrap up the cucumber salad tightly with saran wrap or else your whole fridge might end up tasting like this salad!
This is one of my mom’s recipes that she has tweaked over the years. Cucumber salad is one of our favorite vegetable recipes. It’s such a simple and quick way to whip up a fresh summer salad. Give it a go, you won’t regret it!